Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

While each year we have so much to be thankful for, this year we have a new blessing to be thankful for and we can't wait to welcome this little one into our lives.  We are truly thankful for this miracle of life, continued good health and growth of the baby in particular, and for all of our loved ones who have supported us so far through this journey to parenthood.   

On Tuesday we had an ultrasound and the baby is measuring about 6.5lbs.  Gaining 1/2 a lb. per week and I have 3.5 weeks left - could be a decent size baby!  The baby is already larger than Gabe was at 6lbs 4oz. and I hope it does not get to my size 10 lbs. 12 oz. (Mom K. you are a champ)!  However, the baby is taking after me in other areas - we were told the baby has large feet at 7.5cm and a lot of hair.  For those of you who know what I looked like as a little one, these are definitely my features....well at least I have large feet now!

The nursery is coming together.  Our dear friend Brian offered to paint and will be finishing the room possibly this coming weekend.  It will feel so good to get the crib set up and the baby things organized next week!

Hard to believe that next week is December already.  The time has indeed gone quickly - my mom has always said, "If you think time goes quickly now, wait till you have kids."  We are about to find out exactly what she means.  I do hope that my maternity leave does not fly by.  So thankful that Gabe will be with me during this time and not have just a few weeks and then go back to work.  We will treasure this time as a family!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  What a great time to connect with loved ones and share the joy this holiday season brings. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that you guys moved out to CO so we could get to be good friends! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, Brian, and I are so thankful to have you and Gabe in our lives. We are thankful that we will be here to celebrate the arrival of Baby Reilly and be a part of the great adventure that you have embarked on. Much love on this wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! Looking forward to participating in corrupting another little mind! Well, at least filling in the gaps that Gabe misses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very happy to be able to share the joys of these days of anticipation of parenthood with you two dear ones. Much love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing we could be there and jealous of everyone in CO that will be!! Good luck with the next couple weeks. Yes - you will definitely understand what mom meant with time flying after kids. :) I still can't believe this year is almost over!! Can't wait to welcome another niece/nephew into our family!!

    ReplyDelete